All pupils of Dance Works are encouraged to take lessons in Ballet as this is the core subject which provides the foundations to all aspects of dance. We follow the I.D.T.A dance syllabus and our aim is to ensure that each pupil is encouraged to reach their full potential, by building their confidence and technique and working towards and taking examinations. Every dancer needs great posture, co-ordination and grace. Ballet classes are available from 2 years.
Tap Dance is a type of dance characterised by using the sounds of metal taps affixed to the heel and ball of the foot. The I.D.T.A syllabus combines a fun and educational approach to Tap. It’s stylish choreography combined with upbeat music helps keep exam work interesting and progressive through the grades.
Modern Dance The I.D.T.A Modern Jazz syllabus combines technique, strengthening and rhythmical exercises in a structured way to achieve different feelings and approaches to modern dance. A wide variety of music including pop, jazz, contemporary and funk are used to help with learning and progression towards exams. Modern Jazz also improves flexibility and builds stamina. Modern Jazz classes available from age 5 years.
Street Dance is a great way to learn to dance, keep fit and enjoy yourself all at the same time! Learn the latest and hottest NEW dance moves as seen in pop videos, in movies and concerts. Street dance is the fusion of Jazz, hip-hop, contemporary, pop, commercial dance, mixing them together to form fast and funky routines.
Lyrical dance is a dance style that blends elements of Ballet and Jazz dance that often uses the music with lyrics to inspire the movements.
Timetable coming soon
- 8+ Group Classes 1 Hr£9.00
- 1-2-1 (1 hr)£40.00
- 1-2-2 (1 Hr)£22.00
- 1-2-3 (1 hr)£15.00
- 1-2-4+ (1 hr)£12.50
Stonyhurst College Class Registration
Private lessons will cover the IDTA syllabus and work towards annual examinations.
Group classes will work on technique, choreography and routines to be used in performances.
1) Classes to be booked with Miss Laura James direct.
2) Fill in enquiry form with both parents and students details via website.
3) Dance Works will invoice parents / carers direct.
4) Parents to pay Miss Laura James direct within 14 days in receipt of invoice.
5) Missed classes will be charged for.
6) Classes held in activity time slots are booked through the parents SOCS portal. These are normally 8-10 week courses. Once signed up you are to pay for the full course.
7) Lunch time classes are booked through Laura direct and cancellation notice is a 1/2 term notice. This is normally 5 or 6 weeks. This is to be paid for in full.
8) Parents / Carers are to provide correct footwear for the class.
9) Class costs and prices are displayed on website. These vary depending on number of attendees.
10) All pupils are to to be punctual with timing and please notify Miss Laura James if you are unable to attend class.